Every forecast about Fitness mobile apps or odds for making an application like Fitbit denotes an uphill demand. It was not so long ago, maintaining fitness was brought to the palm of our hands via mobile apps. Today, it has built a progressive market, which fitness service and product providers and enthusiasts are part of.
Just by typing “Fitness mobile app for” in the Google search, we get many options to choose from. It’s because there is an app for every particular need and want of fitness freaks.
While this is the best scenario for fitness enthusiasts, it’s pretty troublesome for entrepreneurs who want to develop a fitness app. Imagine you launch an activity tracker app, and now you are marketing your product. After all your endeavors, you get no substantial traction. The app has impressive UI and UX, handy features; it attracts users yet couldn’t get through them.
Why? Because the functionalities it offers come as complimentary with fitness apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, etc. Ask yourself why a user would then download another app rather than managing everything on one platform.
In contrast, when you are pioneering an app or building your first-ever fitness app, you cannot create all functionality in one shot. You must be thinking, what the freaking dilemma it is. You should make a multifunctional app to compete with other apps, yet it should be minimalistic!?
To avoid this dilemma, you should follow a diplomatic strategy to Develop Health and Fitness Tracking Apps Like Fitbit. That strategy is described in the post, so you don’t need to Google that but read it out.
First Thing First, Niche Down Your Fitness Apps
To create a health and fitness tracking app like Fitbit, you must analyze and define a niche for your app. Some apps focus on specific workouts and comprise workout videos and online classes. In comparison, some provide users with health and nutrition tracking with the help of wearables to maintain a healthy routine.
On the other hand, apps like Calm facilitate lower stress, anxiety, and more restful sleep with their guided meditations. To put simply:
Activity tracking apps record all fitness-related metrics, pace, steps tracking, distance walked or run, featuring heart rate and sleep tracking.
Diet and nutrition apps aim at recording food in taking, choosing, or customizing a diet suitable for a workout plan, helping keep water balance in the body.
Workout and exercise apps usually include workout plans with exercises grouped by body parts. They may also entail yoga and meditation for wellness and personal or virtual coaching services. These apps gather advanced animation, recorded or live videos on how to exercise, encouraging users to keep on track.
Multi-featured or Hybrid apps combine the previous three types and build a fitness app to be able to reach a greater audience.
If we talk about Fitbit charm, it offers
A 90-days trial of its full-fledged premium version, including personalized guidance, health programs, and 240+ workout from home videos.
A free app that tracks your day & progress over time
Free workouts, nutrition programs, sleep tools, meditation tracks & more
Find and connect friends, start challenges & be a part of an inspiring community
Set goals, win achievement badges & celebrate milestones
It automatically syncs the data to its 3,000+ popular partner apps
Seamless access to innovative smartwatch apps & fresh clock faces
By default, it works with all Fitbit trackers, scales, smartwatches & other Fitbit products.
A Great Fitness App Development Solution is here.
Let’s give you another source of inspiration with a list of the top 10 health and fitness mobile apps.
1. Calm (8.6M)
2. Fitbit: Health & Fitness (4.8M)
3. MyFitnessPal (3.9M)
4. Headspace: Meditation & Sleep (3.8M)
5. Flo my Health & Period Tracker (3.6M)
6. Muscle Booster Workout (3.4M)
7. BetterMe: Home Workout & Diet (3.2M)
8. Fitness Coach (2.9M)
9. Samsung Health (2.8M)
10. Home Workout - No Equipments (2.7M)
Now that you are familiar with various fitness app types, you can quickly find your purpose and draft a business model. Remember, you don’t necessarily do it yourself, even if you don’t know the ABC of business modeling. You can seek the mobile app development company’s support for decluttering your business plan and project requirements.
Note Down The Features for Health and Fitness Tracking App Like Fitbit
App features have so much to do with your fitness app success. If you are making an app like Fitbit, you will need the below features except for registration and user profile set up.
- Activity tracking- to count steps, pulses, and biological parameters in real-time if set.
- Running Activity Counter- to build a user path and set time to achieve the goal for running using GPS with auto-pauses when a user stops on their way.
- Logs of workout- to let a user track training progress during a specific time frame.
- Heart rate monitoring- defines the correct number of heartbeats to maintain the proper physical state for workouts.
- Barcode scanners- to let users scan and log food and its nutritions faster and help them learn additional information (e.g., food facts or recipes).
- Waterlogging- to mark out the amount of water a user needs to drink daily depending on their weight and sets reminders to remind a user to drink water.
- Goals & management- to set various fitness goals and pave the way to achieve the same, mentioning daily routine.
- Sleep record- to let users measure the time they spend sleeping and doing physical activities while awake.
- Share on social media- offers customizable templates of leaderboards, lets users share their workout results with their followers and friends.
- Weight tracking- to articulate manually entered data of changes happening in a user’s body and progress charts for a chosen time frame.
Juice Up Your Fitness Application With Techie Features
- Levels- to encourage and uplift user experience, you can exploit the technique of levels, offering reward points on completing each level—for example, 100 points on every 10 kilometers of jogging. Later, allow users to redeem these points to unlock challenging levels and accomplish them.
- Scoreboards- another way to keep your audience engaged on the app by creating a healthy competitive environment in the app itself.
- Gamification- you can add badges, quizzes, progress dashboards, or fitness virtual games to gamify your fitness app and lift customer satisfaction to an extent.
- Digital fitness coach- users love personalization so let them record their workouts in a logbook, frame their training plans, and monitor exercise stats, so as to enhance their performance.
Strive For The Most Attractive UI/UX Design
The fitness app design determines which platform will take the lead in the severe fitness app market competition. And, it’s an understandable and user-friendly UI/UX of Fitbit, conveying the energy, trend, and intensity, making the app popular. To achieve the same level of UI/UX, one must opt for bright and light color combinations.
Also, focus on how you want users to engage with app features and align them in harmony with the user journey. We always suggest, when you want to create a groundbreaking design, practice wireframing + prototyping approach. You can A/B test easily, examine what looks good and what needs to change, and design the app meticulously appealing.
Budget Needs To Bear The Cost To Develop An App Like Fitbit
How much does Fitbit app development cost? You might have looked out for the answer to this question every now and then. If you would have got the answer, you want to be reading this far. Sarcasm apart, there is no general answer to this question because of factors causing variation in the app development cost.
Type and the number of features you want to build;
The urgency of a project;
The complexity level of the components;
The technology stack used for development;
Location of the development team or developers;
Required experience of a development team;
Time-taken for app development;
Hourly rate of developers.
While hiring Mobile App Developers, their location plays a vital role as the rate of development varies in different countries. Thus, it’s advisable to outsource your project from an Asian-origin, experienced development company for a quality product with limited resources.
That said, outsourcing an app development from Asian software developers may cost you around $10000 to $15000 only. We are also a prominent healthcare and fitness app development company, ensuring high-quality work with timely delivery. Connect us to know more.