“Technology is best when it brings people together” says social media entrepreneur Matt Wullenwag. Well, how could we not agree to this statement? Technology today has surpassed our imagination and we still cannot imagine how advanced it can get with time.
In the contemporary world, technology has become an integral part of our lives. The previously complex tasks have been simplified to a great extent with technological advancements.
Like hundreds of other industries, education industry is also not missing any opportunity to make the best use of technology and thrive like a boss.
With e-learning and online education, anyone can now learn from anywhere on the go. Technology plays an important role in driving efficiency and improvements in all areas of the education in an institution.
As different industries use technology differently and similarly, education institutions use predictive analytics to improve students’ education. If the term predictive analytics is new for you, don’t worry, we will brief it out for you.
What is predictive analytics exactly?
Predictive analytics uses data, statistical algorithms, machine learning, and statistical techniques to makes predictions about the future based on the data.
It offers and recommends services based on the historical data and predict future outcomes. Generally, predictive analytics is used in eCommerce to analyze the purchasing patterns of the shoppers. Then the website or store recommends additional products and services to those costumers.
However, eCommerce and online shopping isn’t the only sector that uses predictive analytics anymore. For educational institutions and organizations, these predictions are generated based on enrolment class engagement and more.
How students’ education is transformed with predictive analytics in education?
Today, education institutions are gaining meaningful insights from the data with the help of predictive analytics. Educational institutions are under increasing pressure to retain and focus on students’ overall development.
So, here are the benefits of using predictive analytics is education sector-
- The predictions include specifics that can be used to guide and modify current methods in order to maintain and improve the institution’s progress toward academic goals. Moreover, predictive analytics helps in offering high-quality education to all students.
- The education quality can be improved with predictive analytics by monitoring student performance. The performance is based on their previous records such as exam results, assignment marks, and even personal input from students.
- Predictive analytics identify students who need more attention in the studies and allow the teachers to provide them tutoring or special sessions.
- Moreover, another important role of predictive analytics in education is that it predicts students’ attendance. It also keeps irregular students informed about their attendance and other curriculum.
- Predictive analytics uncovers trends in education that increase access and responsiveness, such as online classes on weekends or revision sessions before exams.
- Lastly, with predictive analytics students can look into their educational progress, and respond proactively to their progress.
What are the main uses of predictive analytics in education?
After discussing the benefits of predictive analytics, we will see what are the main uses of predictive analytics in education. So, here we go!
Informed student advising
Predictive analytics help in identifying the irregular students with short attendance and advice them about the same. With this, the support team can reach out to the students and prevent them from falling below standard attendance. Thus, it helps in reaching out to students on time and provide the right help and support before the situation worsens.
Better enrolment Management
Using predictive analytics helps the educational institutions to identify which students are regular and have great potential as per their academic records. The internal departments of the institution can then prepare those students well so that they can ace their exams. Similarly, it also enables to make several changes in the classes where students aren’t performing very well.
Enables adaptive learning
Predictive analytics helps the lecturers and teachers to identify the gaps that students are facing in the academic curriculum. Furthermore, they can customize the academic modules to align with the learning of each student. The quality of education also improves as educators can perform richer learning experiences with more frequent feedbacks.
Looking to develop trending edtech solution anytime soon?
If you are a tech lover and want to develop a remarkable edtech solution, it’s time to go ahead with the idea. The merge of technology and education has significant benefits for the education sector in India and worldwide. If you want to develop an education app, you can refer to these education app ideas to invest your time and money.
If you have not connected to the right developers or development company for your project yet, why not give us a chance? Our skilled and tech-savvy developers are curious about developing edtech solutions using predictive analytics technology to the best. Thus, if you want to develop a language learning app like Duolingo, we have the right resources for you.
So, put your trust in our software development company, talk with our developers and discuss your requirements with them. With our experience and gusto, we will offer the best edtech solution development and will not let you down.